Social, Caring and Advisory Services

Career Areas  >  Social, Caring and Advisory Services

Do you want to help and support people with their physical and mental well-being? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people who are experiencing social and emotional problems? If you love working with people and are caring, calm, and patient, then you might find working in the social, caring, and advisory area to be a rewarding career.

To see the routes to getting into each of these sectors, take a look at our Career Areas.

What areas can I work in?

You could be working in advisory services, childcare and education, community education, psychology and counselling, social work or social care. You might specialise in working with adults or children or help and support people of all ages.

What kind of companies can I work for?

You might work for:

  • advice centres and services
  • playgroups or nurseries
  • community education centres
  • the National Health Service (NHS) or private health companies
  • local authorities
  • health and welfare charities.

Related job profiles

  • Advice Worker
  • Careers Adviser

Related job profiles

  • Childminder
  • Children’s Holiday Representative
  • Early Years Practitioner
  • Nanny
  • Playworker or Play Leader

Related job profiles

  • Community Learning and Development Officer

Related job profiles

  • Counsellor
  • Dance Movement Psychotherapist
  • Psychologist
  • Psychologist - Clinical
  • Psychologist - Counselling
  • Psychologist - Educational
  • Psychologist - Forensic
  • Psychologist - Health
  • Psychologist - Occupational
  • Psychologist - Sport and Exercise
  • Psychotherapist

Related job profiles

  • Care Assistant or Support Worker
  • Care Home Manager
  • Social Worker
  • Warden or Housing Support Officer - Sheltered Housing

Was this helpful?

Thanks for your feedback!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *